Recipe by Bergy
Here is another 15 minute pasta dish that sounds great - I have not made it - got it from an old Chatelaine magazine and tweaked it a bit In the picture it looks elegant. You may substirtute the clam nectar with a 10 oz can of undiluted chicken broth
- 0.5 (450 g) package penne (apprx 3 cups)
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, ends and string nipped off, sliced diagonally
- 1 1⁄2 cups green zucchini or 1 1⁄2 cups yellow zucchini, sliced into bite size peices
- 240 ml clam juice (also called clam nectar)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3 cups imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped (apprx 1 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, drain keep warm.
- Meanwhile pour clam juice (chicken stock) into a large saucepan, stir in the tomatoes & dill, bring to a boil over medium high heat, stir a few times.
- Stir in the zucchini, turn heat to medium low, simmer 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and crab, stir and heat for 2 minutes. Turn off heat but leave on the burner,.
- Gently stir the pasta, cheese & green onions into the tomato/crab mixture . Be gentle don't mash,.
- Serve. garnish with fresh dill if you wish.