Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled, and cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- fresh dill (optional)
- In a 3-quart saucepan cook mushrooms, celery, and green onion in hot margarine or butter until vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk and half-and-half or light cream all at once.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in potatoes, crabmeat, and dill or dillweed.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish each serving with fresh dill, if desired.
Easy to make and it tasted good, but not out of this world. I followed ingredients and measurements exactly, but subbed chopped onion for the green onion. I think I would use more mushrooms and dill next time, also add some chopped red pepper maybe. (I added a tiny bit for a garnish this time and I liked the flavor.) DH said it was good.