Recipe by JenSmith
This is a delicious and nutricious dish to serve that is low in sodium and calories. From Southern Living, February 1986.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 14.5 oz)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles (no salt or fat added during cooking)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large heavy skillet with cooking spray; add 1 TB oil. Place skillet over medium heat until hot; add chicken. Heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet; reserve drippings.
- Add mushrooms and onion; saute until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to skillet.
- Add broth, paprika, dillweed, and pepper; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir until smooth. Add to chicken, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook mixture 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- Serve immediately over noodles. Garnish with parsley, if desired.