Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These are wonderful served as a side dish. My friend, Carole Bonvallet, served these with Christmas Dinner 2001. The main course was prime rib. Excellent!
- 10 -16 carrots, peeled & cut into 1 inch lengths (or use the tiny baby carrots)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or more for sweeter)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dill (dry or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon salad seasoning
- Peel and cut the carrots.
- Parboil them in a medium sized pot for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and plunge them into a bowl of cold water.
- Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine carrots and dill mixture in a container or seal bag.
- Allow to marinate for 4 hours.
- Overnight is better.
I needed an easy side dish and wanted carrots. These are totally wonderful. I used fresh dill and marinated baby carrots in a vacuum seal pack. They were ready in a couple of hours. My guests asked for the recipe.