Recipe by Madams1@telus.net
Similar to pickled beets or any other pickled vegetable. My husband and children ate these like they were candy but they wouldn't touch beets to save their lives!!
Top Review by Marmie's
I have made this recipe every year since 1981!!! I am not even sure where I got it from! You should try it! In the last years my recipe card had gotten pretty faded, so my sugar quantity was way off, way more than called for... as I was only guessing, but it is truly yummy even with more sugar! Now I don't have to re write my card! Thank you for sharing.
- 2 lbs carrots (20 medium sized)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and halved)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare carrots and cut into 4" long sticks.
- Boil in unsalted water till crisply tender.
- Immediately place carrots into ice water to cool.
- Pack upright into sterilized jars (the smaller canning jar).
- Place 2 tablespoons of dill and 1/2 clove of garlic in each jar.
- Heat water, vinegar, salt, sugar and cayenne to boiling, fill jars and seal properly.
- Let jars cool then store.