1/1 Photo of Dilled Carrots
This is the dill carrots recipes you will enjoy.For best results, use small tender carrots. If using mature carrots, peel and cut.We love pickled garlic so we added lots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel carrots and cut into 3/4 inch thick sticks, 1 inch (2.5 cm) shorter than jar. To prepare pickling liquid,.
- 2combine vinegar, water and salt in a nonreactive Dutch oven.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve salt. In each hot sterilized jar, place 3 clove garlic, 1 head dill, and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper flakes.
- 4Pack carrot sticks into jars and place a.
- 5second head of dill on top.
- 6Pour boiling pickling liquid over carrots, leaving 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) headspace. Remove air.
- 7bubbles with a narrow rubber spatula or plastic knife.
- 8Add additional pickling liquid, if required, to maintain headspace.
- 9Wipe jar rims thoroughly with a clean damp cloth. Seal.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dilled Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (4390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8315.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g