Recipe by Sherie717
If you're a fan of creamy soups-you must try this!! I got it from the chef at a restaurant I used to work at but I've scaled it down to make it at home. I made it for my discriminating mother-in-law and my parents who both said carrot?? and raved about it afterward. Try it-it's sweet, creamy and suprisingly, addictive!!
Top Review by stubbyboy1
Excellent! We absoulutly loved this soup! It may have been the best soup I've ever had! I actually only tried carrot soup one other time about 15 yrs. ago at a restaurant in Boston and when I saw this recipe I knew it was a must try! It was better then I had even remebered. My family, too, turned their noses up when I mentioned it but devoured it when it was done. I must say I was a little hesitant to try this after that 1st reveiw but honestly- I don't how she could have been disapointed. It may not be a recipe for a beginner cook and maybe this was the case but my family found it to be an amazing, impressive soup. Healthy too! Thank you for sharing :)
- 2 (49 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 lbs finely grated carrots
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 2 ounces dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 ounces flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 pinches dried dill weed
- salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/2 stick butter over low heat in a large stockpot.
- Add veggies & cook slowly over low heat until tender.
- Add sherry & cook until reduced by half.(May take 1-2 hrs.).
- Add flour, stirring frequently over low heat until creamy (7-8 mins).
- Stir in hot broth slowly. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper & dill. Stir in heavy cream and simmer 5 minutes.