Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 lbs same-size green beans
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup pure granulated salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup dill seed
- 18 -21 whole black peppercorns
- Wash and rinse the 6 to 7 (1-pint) jars; keep them hot.
- Prepare the lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Wash the beans well; drain.
- Cut off the ends and trim the beans, if necessary, so they will stand upright in the jars.
- (If the beans are not the right length to fit in the jar, just trim the ends and cut them into 1- or 2-inch lengths.) Pack the beans into the hot jars.
- Put 2 tablespoons dill seed and 3 peppercorns into jars.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Pour the boiling brine into the jars to within 1/2-inch of each top.
- Wipe the tops and threads of the jars with a damp cloth.
- Put on the lids and screw bands.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.