Recipe by countrylady691
This is a great way to enjoy Asparagus year round. This recipe keeps the crunch in the asparagus. I give jars away as gifts to friends and family and they always ask for the recipe after tasting these tasty little treats.
- 10 lbs asparagus, will fill approx. 10 wide mouth jars
For each jar you will need
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed, spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed, spice
- 1 -2 sprig fresh dill
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon alum
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, in the brine for more dill flavour if you want. when you are ready to pickle bring the brine to a bo
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap the tough ends off the freash asparagus.
- Add the spices to the jars and pack as many spears of asparagus as possible into each wide mouth jar and pour the hot brine over. place lids on and process in hot water bath with water covering 2/3 of jars for 5 minutes. do not open for 3 weeks. Enjoy.