Recipe by Julesong
This is one of the tasty recipes I received in the Great Recipe Adoption of Feb 2005. :)
Top Review by Haleth
Moist and delicious! I used fresh dill and chives instead of dried dill and onion. Baked it on a baking sheet and it came out as a nice round. Goes great with a good olive oil. I baked it this afternoon, and now it's all gone! (Also, great hat in your user pic!)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water, warm (110-120 degrees)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, creamed (creamed cottage cheese should be heated to lukewarm)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached or bread flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, except add the flour a little at a time (it may take up to 2 1/2 cups of flour).
- Beat until well mixed and mixture is stiff but not heavy (standard bread dough feeling).
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Punch down and put dough in a bread pan, or arrange in a round shape on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- While warm, brush loaf with soft butter, sprinkle well with salt.