1/1 Photo of Dillard's Garden Room Dutch Potato Soup(Copycat)
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
The Dillard House is a popular family restaurant in northern Georgia. I used to live near there. Here is a recipe for their potato soup, which I have changed only using vegetaable stock for the original beef stock. Feel free to use the beef stock if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup quartered and sliced carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (or black pepper)
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 cups hot rich vegetable stock, divided (original recipe called for beef stock)
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced thin (I like to dice them)
- 1Heat oil in a large stockpot; add onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes, stirring often. Add pepper, bay leaf, and 8 cups of the stock.
- 2In a separate pan, melt margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Add remaining 4 cups stock, whisking to remove any lumps.
- 3Add thickened stock to vegetable mixture, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce to a simmer and cook until vegetables are soft, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in potatoes. Stir well; cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dillard's Garden Room Dutch Potato Soup(Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (1838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: