Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Sahtain cookbook of Lebanese Home Cooking.
Make and share this Dillah Mehshi (stuffed Ribs) recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs lamb ribs or 5 lbs veal ribs, deboned, and a pocket cut on one side of the ribs
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb or 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick, washed
- 1⁄2 cup rice, washed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Mix ground meat, pine nuts, rice, spices and tomato together.
- Stuff ribs with the mixture, and suture the opening closed.
- Place stuffed ribs in heavy saucepan, cover with water, and add cinnamon stick and salt.
- Bring to a boil, skimming the foam, and simmer until meat is cooked through.
- Add water if needed.
- Add rice and simmer again until rice is cooked.
- Add parsley, let steep, then remove.
- Remove ribs rom soup, and slice, serving alongside hot soup.