Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe years ago. I put them down in pints. They are lovely with a sandwich. Make the brine 3 1/2 times for 12 pints.
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- Boil whole beans for 8 minutes.
- Pack in jars standing up.
- Put 1 teaspoons dill seed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoons turmeric in each jar.
- Boil the vinegar, water, and sugar together; pour over beans.
- Put hot lids on jars and seal.
- Put in water bath for 10 minutes.