Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was my grandmother's favorite snack. I guessed on the servings since this is a snack.
Make and share this Dill Weed Crackers recipe from Food.com.
- 24 ounces oyster crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 ounces dry hidden valley salad dressing mix, 2 packets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dill weed
- Warm oil to dissolve dressing mix.
- Stir well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Pour over crackers and toss gently.
Simple tasty little snack! I made half the recipe and cut way back on the oil and I still got really good coverage. I love the zing from the lemon and dill!
These are simply wonderful! I grated the peel from a fresh Meyer lemon (one lemon...I didn't measure the peel). And I used 1 cup of peanut oil, which--by the time I added the dry ranch dressing, the garlic powder, lemon peel and dill weed and whisked it up--became one and a half cups. I am taking them to work tomorrow as a "light appetizer" for a wine, cheese, appetizer White Elephant exchange. I am absolutely positive it will be well-received. LATER: And it was...thoroughly enjoyed by all.