Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A simple no-fuss dinner that is delicious when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. Excellent with fresh baked, crispy bread.
- 1 lb uncooked turkey breast, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 new potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place turkey in slow cooker: sprinkle with garlic pepper and salt.
- Stir-in remaining ingredients except half-and-half and cornstarch.
- Cover and cook on low setting 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Mix half-and-half and cornstarch; gradually stir into chowder until blended.
- Cover and cook on high setting about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.