Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Extra firm tofu popping with bold flavors of onion, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes. Fresh dill weed makes this dish sensational!
- 680.38 g extra firm tofu
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 354.88 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 59.16 ml lemon juice
- 66.55 ml fresh dill weed, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 709.77 ml cooked brown rice
- In a large freezer bag, place the tofu. Squeeze out as much air as possible.
- In a 2nd large freezer bag, combine the onion, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, lemon juice and dill weed. Seal the bag and toss baggie to mix well. Gently squeeze out as much air as possible.
- I choose at this point to also add in the cooked brown rice in quart size baggie. I like to have a "dinner kit" in the freezer.
- Place the 3 filled bags into a large freezer bag, along with this printed recipe and seal. Freeze.
- To cook; thaw.
- Cook brown rice if you didn't prior.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tofu in a greased baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the tofu is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomato mixture and heat thoroughly for about 10 minutes or until veggies are done.
- Salt and pepper the cooked tofu to taste.
- Make a bed of rice on each dinner plate and top with a tofu fillet; spoon vegetable mixture evenly over each tofu steak.
Eh. It was an ok dish. I didn't use the OAMC instructions, I just cooked everything at once (sauted onions first). Not a lot of flavor even with all the fresh dill weed.