Extra firm tofu popping with bold flavors of onion, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes. Fresh dill weed makes this dish sensational!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large freezer bag, place the tofu. Squeeze out as much air as possible.
- 2In a 2nd large freezer bag, combine the onion, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, lemon juice and dill weed. Seal the bag and toss baggie to mix well. Gently squeeze out as much air as possible.
- 3I choose at this point to also add in the cooked brown rice in quart size baggie. I like to have a "dinner kit" in the freezer.
- 4Place the 3 filled bags into a large freezer bag, along with this printed recipe and seal. Freeze.
- 5To cook; thaw.
- 6Cook brown rice if you didn't prior.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Place tofu in a greased baking dish.
- 9Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 10While the tofu is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomato mixture and heat thoroughly for about 10 minutes or until veggies are done.
- 11Salt and pepper the cooked tofu to taste.
- 12Make a bed of rice on each dinner plate and top with a tofu fillet; spoon vegetable mixture evenly over each tofu steak.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dill Tofu on Rice
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 165.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 12.9 g