Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this sauce on potatoes, fish or chicken. If you're concerned about uncooked egg yolk, please feel free to substitute Eggbeaters or use pasteurized eggs. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 egg yolk, hard cooked
- 1 egg yolk, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- Mash cooked egg yolk very well or rub through a sieve; add uncooked egg yolk.
- Beat in salad oil gradually; add vinegar, Worcestershire and seasonings.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped cream and dill seed.