Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is the easiest way to get all your favorite hotdog or hamburger toppings in one spoonful. I make this everytime I make hotdogs on the Boat and get great raves. It's so good you can eat it as a side salad! ;)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar dill relish
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 serrano chili, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pour Jar of Dill Relish in bowl.
- Dice onions, tomatoes, cilantro and serrano chili (with or without seeds, depending on your taste)
- Toss in a bowl, drizzle olive oil over top. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Serve over hotdogs or hamburgers. Enjoy!
We really liked this. Next time we'll add another pepper. This would be great on fish tacos. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Wow, wow, wow! If you want to impress your friends, serve this at your next backyard BBQ. It's so delicious and fresh tasting, I couldn't believe it when V told me that it all started with a jar of regular relish! (I was lucky enough to have the chef herself make it for a 4th of July get together.) I seriously thought she must have spent a day canning in her kitchen! This was served on Brats and Hot Dogs, but I can see it on Hamburgers too....yummo! :) Aug 5th/09: Just another quick note, I have since made this for a catering job where we made BBQ Gourmet Hamburgers, and they all loved it, and raved about it!! Our dill relish is much greener here in Canada, so it does look a little different than when the chef made it, but very delicious! ;)
I had this served with brats and hamburgers grilled on the bbq. I liked having the freshness of the ingredients be the flavor -- there was definitely the dill but the onion and cilantro added zing. This is an elegant topper when you want to provide an elegant but relaxed summer meal.