Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the easiest dill pickles you'll ever make.
Make and share this Dill Refrigerator Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 9 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup pickling salt
- 2 -4 sliced onions (depending on size and strength)
- 16 -24 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- fresh dill
- 2 -3 lbs cucumbers, sliced
- Combine cider vinegar, water and pickling salt in a large pan. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare 4 quart jars by putting your desired amount of dill, garlic and onions inside. Fill each jar with cucumbers. Cucumbers can be whole if they are very small ones.
- Pour the cooled brine into the 4 jars.
- Put covers on the jars and refrigerate at least 24 hours before tasting.
LOVE these pickles! They're easy to make and so tasty! I've made this several times now and reduce the salt to 1/2 cup, makes enough brine for 5-6 quarts. My friends and family love them!
WOW, these are amazing pickles. Very glad I chose this recipe as a way to use up a bunch of cucumbers. Super easy to make and they have the best flavor.
Update: I've made the recipe 3 times now, using cucumbers, green beans and asparagus. All were excellent. The last batch I even reduced the salt and they were still good. Everyone wants the recipe.
So good! I was looking for a recipe that didn't use sugar and this was perfect. I used sea salt and decreased it to 1/2 cup. There was enough brine for 5 quarts of pickles.