Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the easiest dill pickles you'll ever make.
Make and share this Dill Refrigerator Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 9 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup pickling salt
- 2 -4 sliced onions (depending on size and strength)
- 16 -24 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- fresh dill
- 2 -3 lbs cucumbers, sliced
- Combine cider vinegar, water and pickling salt in a large pan. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare 4 quart jars by putting your desired amount of dill, garlic and onions inside. Fill each jar with cucumbers. Cucumbers can be whole if they are very small ones.
- Pour the cooled brine into the 4 jars.
- Put covers on the jars and refrigerate at least 24 hours before tasting.
WOW, these are amazing pickles. Very glad I chose this recipe as a way to use up a bunch of cucumbers. Super easy to make and they have the best flavor.
Update: I've made the recipe 3 times now, using cucumbers, green beans and asparagus. All were excellent. The last batch I even reduced the salt and they were still good. Everyone wants the recipe.
So good! I was looking for a recipe that didn't use sugar and this was perfect. I used sea salt and decreased it to 1/2 cup. There was enough brine for 5 quarts of pickles.
We felt that the salt was too high in this recipe. We liked the flavor imparted by the cider vinegar. I did add some pickle spice mix which includes coriander, bay, hot peppers, and allspice, and I also added some fresh lemon basil.