Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My entire family loves this recipe! My husband got this recipe from a friend at hunting camp, and it is by far a favorite in our home as well as friends and neighbors. It tastes great in soups and salads, and perfect for a grab and go snack! It may sound like it would be oily, but it isn't.
- 2 (10 ounce) bags oyster crackers
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dill (heaping)
- 1 package ranch dressing mix (this = 3 Tb. bulk ranch dress. mix)
- Dump crackers into big bowl.
- In small bowl, stir together the oil, dressing mix, and dill, mixing well.
- Pour over crackers, and stir until very well blended.
- Over an hours time periodically stir the crackers.
- Pour into a gallon ziploc bag.
For those who hesitate based on the amount of oil.......fear not it completely disappears. Well, I'm sure it is still there as far a calorie counting goes, but then these are not a snack for those following a low-fat or low-carb diet! They are a nice indulgence now & then and my 8 year old's favorite snack. Enjoy!
These are excellent. I keep a little bag near me whenever I'm reading. gosh they are addicting. Thanks
What could be easier? Great taste that has a nice dill punch, I ended up using 1/2 cup oil and am thrilled with the results. I'm using most of them for gift basket goodies but will keep some for my husband who will have a melt down if he doesn't have "snackies" and I would like to use some for salad crunchies.
Thanks for posting,