Recipe by Wineaux
I just read the recipe posted a day or two ago called "Ralph." "Ralph" reminded me of the first time I tried this salad at a friend's house several years ago. I wouldn't have tried this if I hadn't tasted it first! Yes, it sounds weird, but unlike "Ralph" it is really a great side dish and very unusual. Hope I have the size of the pimento jar correct. I just know those jars as large and small. This is the large one! DO NOT use kosher dills with garlic. Use plain dill pickles only.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pineapple juice (1/2 of the amount in the can)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 5 dill pickles, cut into large chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Knox gelatin with 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup water, sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil and blend well with Knox mixture.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add pineapple tidbits, pimentos, and pickles.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Cook time includes set time in refrigerator.