Prep 10 mins
Cook 168 hrs
I started making my own pickles when I discovered how easy it was to do so. Now I can make them as hot or as mild as I like.
- 2 lbs small cucumbers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch dill
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Sterilize a 1 liter jar.
- Place the washed cucumbers in the jar.
- Add the garlic, bay leaf, sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Fill the jar to the brim with boiling water.
- Add the dill to the top of the liquid.
- Stand exposed to the light for 7 days.
- Refrigerate after opening.
OOHHHHH! Nice and crunchy, and I love that I could add more garlic for a really zesty pickle. These turned out just the way I like 'em. Thanks, Mirj, for making my first try at pickles a success.
These pickles were great I added some peppercorns to the bottle and instead of 4 cloves of garlic I added 6. I also changed the sugar to a teaspoon instead of tablespoon and They taste just like clausens. Thanks for the recipe
I love that you use actual spices. Ive seen toooo many pickle recipes that just have salt and white vinegar. Thanks for the recipe and keep curing! :)