Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a recipe I got from a Taste of Home insert. Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
- 3 lbs potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 pickle juice
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 leaf lettuce (optional)
- Place potatoes in Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, over and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add the eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Absolutely awesome. Such a nice difference from the traditional potato salad. I made this for Father's Day and my Dad loved it as did my husband. Thank you!
This was great..really different from the norm and the dill pickles added the touch..Thanks
Delicious! I added crumbled bacon, frozen peas and matchstick carrots. Also, I always use light Miracle Whip, not mayonnaise, so it's a little tangy-ier than what the recipe calls for. I love the addition of dill pickles and the pickle juice...Thanks.