Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From a recipe I got from a Taste of Home insert. Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
- 3 lbs potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 pickle juice
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 leaf lettuce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, over and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add the eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.