Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You've heard of jalapeno poppers, now try dill pickle poppers! We tried these for the first time at Razzoo's Cajun Restaurant in Dallas, TX and loved them. When I came across this recipe in Taste of Home magazine, I knew I had to try it. Serve with ranch dressing or if you like spice, try the recipe for jalapeno mayonnaise included here.
- 3 cups dill pickles, sliced into thin coins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice or 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Drain pickles well and blot with paper towel.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl beat eggs and milk.
- Coat pickles first with flour mixture, dip into egg mixture and then again into the flour mixture.
- Deep fry pickles in hot oil for 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- For mayonnaise, combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve. This mayo is also great on burgers and sandwiches.