Recipe by EmmyDuckie
Salmon and dill, spinach and nutmeg, white wine, creme fraiche, and gooey melted mozzarella cheese combine in a warm, creamy lasagna with a special fresh twist. Perfect with a big green salad and a crisp white wine for drinking.
Top Review by Nif
The flavours in this recipe are absolutely wonderful. I thought that the salmon might be too "wine-y", but it is great. I thought that the dish would be too dry because there isn't much sauce, but it's just right! I forgot to add the rest of the dill to the sauce, but it was still delicious. Normally with contests, I take a point off for missing something, but it was obvious that the garlic goes in when poaching the salmon and it's too good to take a point off! :) I needed to use a little bit of cheddar because I was short on mozzarella. Try this! Everybody at work wanted to, but I wouldn't share! LOL! It's really terrific. :) Best of luck in RSC #14 - it is truly amazing.
- 1 lb fresh salmon fillet
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
For Creme Fraiche Sauce
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 3 -4 green onions, sliced thin
- 4 ounces pimientos, drained and roughly chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 6 ounces washed Baby Spinach
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour wine into a wide shallow sauce pan, add lemon, garlic and about half of the dill (whole stems will work best), and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low simmer, add salmon, and poach until cooked through, turn once if liquid does not cover fish.
- Set salmon aside, and allow to cool. Remove dill sprigs, lemon slices, and garlic, increase heat to high, and reduce poaching liquid to 1/2 cup.
- Thin creme fraiche with reduced cooking liquid to a drizzle-able sauce consistency. Stir in green onions, pimientos, nutmeg, and the other half of the dill minced fine, and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Flake salmon into generous bite size pieces with a fork or fingers. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Layer 1/3 each of pasta, spinach leaves, salmon, sauce, and cheeses. Finish with cheeses on top.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly, and cheese is melted.
- Allow lasagna to cool slightly and set up before slicing and serving. Enjoy!