Recipe by Suzie
The minute I saw the photo of this toast and read the recipe I KNEW I would have to post. Saw this in the April, 2004 Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks (Grilling), a wonderful little book I received in the 2009 Used Books and Media Swap. If you don't have dill-Havarti cheese, use regular Havarti and simply sprinkle with a touch of fresh chopped dill.
- 4 slices round sourdough loaf, 1/2 inch thick, each cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces shredded dill-havarti cheese, 1 cup
- fresh dill (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Turn slices over; sprinkle each with garlic powder and cheese.
- When grill is heated, place bread slices, oil side down, on gas grill over medium heat, or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with dill.