Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Classic. Simple. Addicting. 'Nuff said.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beau monde seasoning
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion or 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all well and chill OVERNIGHT to let flavors mingle.
- Serve with sliced veggies - anything in your garden!
This is awesome stuff and you must give it a try! I didn't have dill seed, so used 2 teaspoons of dill weed. In place of the Worcestershire sauce, I used 1/2 teaspoon of Accent. I used the minced dried onion option and it gave it a really nice crunch. I also used 1/2 cup of buttermilk. I don't care much for reduced or non-fat sour cream or mayo, so it's a good way to reduce the fat and still retain the flavor and texture. It won't be quite as thick as something made with all sour cream, but is plenty thick and very flavorful. Pellerin, thank you for a wonderful recipe--it's a keeper. 1958 was a very good year. Happy 50th! Peace!!