Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my grandmothers recipe that she got from someone at the bowling alley she used to frequent. She would fix this dip for the family for years until she couldn't cook anymore and now her daughter, my mother fixes it for the family every Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces mayonnaise, maybe a little more
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- season salt, season to taste
- Mix sour cream, mayo, dill weed & onion flakes together in a large bowl.
- Then add season salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour then serve with potato chips.
- Note 1: You must be careful with the season salt because when the dip is chilled the flavor becomes much stronger.
- Note 2: You can double or triple the recipe to make bigger batches of dill dip.
Tasty and Easy to make. Made this for a potluck day at school. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.