Recipe by karen
I got this recipe from my mom. It is traditionally served in a rye bread bowl (rip out pieces of bread in the top to hollow out a bowl for the dip, and then place the bread around the edges of the platter). It can also be served without the bread with veggies or chips.
Top Review by teresas
What's not to love...this is so easy to prepare and I always have the ingredients on hand...I used full fat in both the sour cream and mayo...I cut the recipe in half and served it with veggie for me and crackers for DH...delicious! Thanks for posting! :)
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not light)
- 3 teaspoons dill weed (not dill seeds)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (or 1 1/2 tbsp)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours in an airtight carton for flavors to blend. Best if made the day before serving.
- Serve in a rye round bread bowl (rip out pieces in the center and place around the edges of the platter for dipping), raw vegetables or chips.