Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from my mom. It is traditionally served in a rye bread bowl (rip out pieces of bread in the top to hollow out a bowl for the dip, and then place the bread around the edges of the platter). It can also be served without the bread with veggies or chips.
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not light)
- 3 teaspoons dill weed (not dill seeds)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (or 1 1/2 tbsp)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours in an airtight carton for flavors to blend. Best if made the day before serving.
- Serve in a rye round bread bowl (rip out pieces in the center and place around the edges of the platter for dipping), raw vegetables or chips.
What's not to love...this is so easy to prepare and I always have the ingredients on hand...I used full fat in both the sour cream and mayo...I cut the recipe in half and served it with veggie for me and crackers for DH...delicious! Thanks for posting! :)
Very yummy dip and easy to put together. I really enjoyed this with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots for dipping. Thanks for a great recipe Karen! Made for Everyday Is A Holiday January 2011.
Sensational! The flavors really meld nicely; made in the morning for pre-dinner. I agree with you the longer the better for setting the flavors. Served with garlic toasties. Would be excellent with raw veggies, tho. Made for 123 Tag.