Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very nice, light summer salad - goes great with anything you've grilled or barbecued.
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl combine first 5 ingredients.
- Add the cucumbers and onions and toss.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
I took note of AnnetteMarie's review and reduced the sugar, I also upped the salt a little. I think it's a good salad, but I should have done as I felt I should and allow the cucumbers to drain a while. Right now they are releasing lots of liquid into the dressing. But still, a good flavour and visually nice amongst the other salads I've made.
Not at all what I expected. It had a very sweet taste that neither DH or I were anticipating - nor did we like it. We'll see how it is tomorrow after 24 hours of setting up.