2 hrs 35 mins
Brenda Hall's Note:
I adjusted 2 recipes I had for pickles and relish as I couldn't find a suitable Dill relish recipe anywhere.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 1/2 cups ground or diced cucumbers
- 3 cups ground green peppers
- 1 1/2 cups red bell peppers
- 5 cups finely diced or ground celery
- 3/4 cup salt
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 8 tablespoons dill seeds
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder (for Kosher, to taste)
- 5 cups finely diced or ground onions
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1Use coarse blade on grinder to chop vegetables.
- 2Combine all vegetables.
- 3Sprinkle with Salt.
- 4Cover with cold water and let stand for 4 hours.
- 5Drain thoroughly in colander, press out all excess liquid.
- 6Combine Vinegar, celery seed, mustard seed and dill seed.
- 7Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 8Stir in drained vegetables and simmer 10 minutes.
- 9Pack into prepared jars to within 1/2 inch of the top.
- 10Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- 11Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dill Cucumber Relish
Serving Size: 1 (5026 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5028.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g