Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
I adjusted 2 recipes I had for pickles and relish as I couldn't find a suitable Dill relish recipe anywhere.
- 12 1⁄2 cups ground or diced cucumbers
- 3 cups ground green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers
- 5 cups finely diced or ground celery
- 3⁄4 cup salt
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 8 tablespoons dill seeds
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder (for Kosher, to taste)
- 5 cups finely diced or ground onions
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- Use coarse blade on grinder to chop vegetables.
- Combine all vegetables.
- Sprinkle with Salt.
- Cover with cold water and let stand for 4 hours.
- Drain thoroughly in colander, press out all excess liquid.
- Combine Vinegar, celery seed, mustard seed and dill seed.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in drained vegetables and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pack into prepared jars to within 1/2 inch of the top.
- Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Yum! This is the first recipe I've ever tried for relish- and quite possibly, the last! This made 11 pints for me, and I followed it religiously.
very good, thanks, made a batch to donate to my church bake sale,