Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This wonderful recipe, which was developed in the test kitchen of Canadian Living magazine, can easily be doubled.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives or 2 teaspoons green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- dill sprigs (to garnish)
- Dredge the chicken breasts lightly in flour; season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, turning once, for about 6 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink inside.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Pour off all the fat from the pan.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a boil over high heat; cook, stirring to scrape up any brown bits in the pan, for about 1 minute or until reduced and syrupy.
- Add the cream; boil for about 1 minute or until thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Stir in the dill, chives, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir any accumulated juices from the chicken back into the pan; pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with lemon slices and dill sprigs.
This was a great recipe.Very easy and also great for the Atkins diet. I double up on the dill and the lemon juice and omitted the flour to lower the carbs even more.Tasted terrific! Thanks Irmgard.
Irmgard, this is was a winner in our house. Really simple to make, tasted great, and was pretty low fat too! We actually splurged and used whipping cream for a change because the recipe was so careful in other places. I can't wait to eat this again, as I love dill flavour.
I really enjoyed this recipe and love that it allowed me to use the fresh herbs on my deck :) I omitted the flour, doubled chicken stock, and used FF half and half since that's what I had on hand. Made a fresh, flavorful sauce that dressed up plain ol' boneless, skinless chicken breast.