- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, PLUS
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, dill, baking soda, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk a little at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Turn into a greased 9 inch by 5 inch (2 litre) loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until loaf is golden brown.
- Serve warm; reheat when needed.
- The Globe and Mail -----