Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, PLUS
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, dill, baking soda, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk a little at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Turn into a greased 9 inch by 5 inch (2 litre) loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until loaf is golden brown.
- Serve warm; reheat when needed.
- The Globe and Mail -----
This is yummy! I added half a cup of shredded sharp cheddar. I had it with chicken salad for lunch and serving it with vegetable soup for dinner. Thanks for the recipe!
We used freshly cracked pepper and we probably shouldn't have. It was pretty pronounced.
Oh my gosh! This bread is fantastic!!! Must try recipe