Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this often to serve on asparagus, it is really good! This recipe is enough for about 4 pounds of asparagus, I usually make 2 logs, using one pound of butter, but prepare in two small bowls with the same ingredients. and then separate into smaller pieces, then wrap in foil and store in the freezer, it is good to use on other veggies also. To steam asparagus, see note on bottom.
- In a small bowl combine softened butter, dill and lemon juice; mix well until blended.
- Place on a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a long log, if necessary, refrigerate butter until firm enough to shape into a roll).
- Refrigerate the butter mixture until firm, at least one and a half hours or up to 2 weeks.
- Steam or boil asparagus (any amount) until crisp-tender; drain and place on a platter.
- Slice cold butter log about 1/4-inch thick, and place on asparagus.
- **NOTE** To steam asparagus (this is my favorite way!) Place 1 pound of asparagus (or any amount desired) and two tablespoons or any amount of dill butter over the veggies.
- Bring long edges of foil together, and fold over to seal.
- Crimp ends tightly.
- Place the "packet" on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- This can be done on an outdoor grill also.
- Carefully open foil to let steam escape.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This method may be done with any veggies.
- Absolutely delicious!
DEEEEEElicious! My sister made this for us for Easter and I can't wait to make it myself.
We were burnt out on roasted asparagus--this was a nice change, sure to be made again & again.
MM this gave my veggies a real nice fresh taste, will definately do again!