2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Proof the yeast in the lukewarm water with the sugar.
- 3In a saucepan, warm the cottage cheese until lukewarm, and add to the yeast sponge. Then add the egg, lightly beaten, the grated onion, melted butter, salt, baking soda, dill seeds and fresh dill.
- 4Stir until well blended, then add just enough flour to make a rather soft dough.
- 5Put the dough into a large buttered bowl, cover with a towel and place in a warm spot to rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- 6Remove the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for a couple of minutes.
- 7Then place in a large buttered (9" by 5') loaf pan.
- 8Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- 9Then bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until the bread has turned light brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- 10Cool wrapped in a towel.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dill Bread
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1613.0
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 252.2 mg
- Sodium 3593.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 264.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 67.5 g