Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite Beer Bread variation, so good with soups. You really don't want to skip the melted butter. This recipe comes from The Perfect Mix by Diane Phillips, so is written as a Gift in a Jar - but of course, you could just mix it up and bake it for yourself, too! :) If you don't have self rising flour (like me!), here's a substitute: Self-Rising Flour. Time is for baking the bread.
- To make mix: Combine first 3 ingredients and place in an airtight container.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine mix with beer (or seltzer) with a wooden spoon. The batter will be lumpy, don't overmix.
- Place batter in a greased loaf pan. Pour 1/3 of the melted butter over the dough.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the butter over the top of the bread. Continue baking for 10 minutes more.
- Pour the last 1/3 of the butter over the top of the bread and bake 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30-40 minutes.
Excellent! Everybody loved it when I took it to the family for Christmas eve. Thanks.