Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A mouthwatering, crunchy chicken experience!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thick. In a medium size bowl, stir together mayonnaise, dried dill weed, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts in mayonnaise mixture (let excess drip off), then dip in crumbs to coat well. Place coated chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink inside.
- (Can use pork chops instead of chicken as well -- turns out delicious!).
My husband I are big fans of dill. This recipe worked great with sour cream instead of mayo. We also tried it pan-fried to see different results. I liked pan fried, he liked baked. Anyway, execellent pan fried, chopped and thrown into a light salad!
Doubled this recipe since I wanted to make enough to share with neighbors, & this chicken recipe is so easy!I used the breadcrumbs this time around as well as lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P, & the resulting chicken was WONDERFUL TASTING ~ Still, another time I'd like to try the cornflakes, just to see what the difference might be! A definite keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
A winner! I used Hellman's low fat mayo (15 cals 1 g fat per tablespoon) and chose the breadcrumbs instead of corn flakes. The chicken was moist, tender, and flavorful. The kids ate it up! I served with dilly cheese rice and carrots with dill to keep the flavor throughout the meal. This will absolutely go into the make again file! I can't wait to try it on tilapia as well! Thanks for posting!