Recipe by brose383
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a great recipe for an appetizer to serve when you want to impress. It's flavorful, simple and makes for a striking presentation.
- 226.79 g package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 egg, beaten
- 29.58 ml fresh dill, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 9.85 ml prepared horseradish
- 170.09 g smoked salmon, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a medium bowl, add the potatoes, stir in the eggs, dill and horseradish. Mix well to combine.
- 2. In a nonstick pan, over medium heat, place one ounce spoonfuls of the potato cake mixture into the pan. Cook until golden brown and turn. Cook on the other side until golden brown on both sides. Remove the cooked potato cakes to a serving platter.
- 3. Top the potato cakes with a ruffled piece of smoked salmon and garnish with reserved dill sprigs.