Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy, quick and delicious creation of my husband's which works just as well on the grill as in the oven. It's really not dilapidated at all, he just thought it just had that flow-off-the-tongue sound. Plus he's really warped... like his lunatic wife.
- 3⁄4 lb tilapia fillet (approximately 4 small filets)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 scallions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 4 sheets aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Clean the scallions, cutting off most of the green. Cut them in two pieces, and slice each piece in half lengthwise.
- On each sheet of foil, place 1/2 teaspoon butter. Drape 1/4 of the tilapia filets over the butter, add salt and pepper to taste and one quarter of the slice scallions. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of water to each packet, sprinkle 1/4 of the herbes de provence on top of each, then fold the foil up and over the filet until you have a loose packet, making sure there's some room inside to steam. Seal all edges. Repeat for the other filets.
- Put the packets on a baking sheet. If you've folded them correctly they should not leak while they're in the oven. If you're in doubt, put them in a large oven dish instead. Put into oven for 20-25 minutes.
- It's very difficult to overcook fish this way, so if you're leery of the fish being undercooked, leave it in slightly longer.
- Open each packet at the table -- you don't want to miss that aroma!
This was so simple and tasty! I used Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herbs instead of herbes de provence and it is quite similar. The juice from the packets was "sopped up" with homemade rolls. I also served vine ripe sliced tomatoes and a fresh mushroom salad. Thanks for posting.
Delicious! This recipe was so good tasty and so easy. I followed the instructions (cutting down for just DH and I) and served with rice pilaf and and green salad. Next time I think I will add maybe some mushrooms on top as another chef suggested and use some Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs for a little different twist. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013.
Delicious! Someone said I should be a chef after tasting this dish...Thank you very much.