Recipe by mary winecoff
This came from an old clipping of a recipe submitted to The Charlotte Observer by Nick and Maria Collias who used to own a great restaurant in Charlotte named Dikadee's Back Porch. This recipe uses no corn syrup and is very quick and easy to do.
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, sugar, flour and butter and mix until blended.
- Stir in pecans, chocolate morsels, vanilla, salt and bourbon.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until filling is set and lightly browned.
- Serve warm. When reheating, allow about 20 seconds per slice in microwave.