Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A perfect quick meal for a rushed day. Your family will think you've been in the kitchen for hours! Dijon adds a delightful flavor to this favorite dish.
- 4 (4 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Brown steaks quickly on both sides.
- Remove, set aside.
- Reduce heat; add gravy, half-and-half and mustard to skillet.
- Heat, stirring, till bubbly.
- Return steaks to pan with gravy.
- Turn heat down; cover and let simmer about 30 minutes, or until done.
- (add water if necessary) Sprinkle fresh parsley over steaks just before eating.
I am a silent regular, I love my family above all else and live in an area where everyone (except me) is rich and thinks cooking dinner for their family means heating up microwave frozen entres. Thank-you so much from a Mom who's children critize everthing I cook and complain when I don't. This was easy, differnt from our ususal fare and delicious. DH says I can make again and again. I added a silly can of mushrooms 'cause we love um, didn't do another thing different except adjust for a family of six. Thanks :-) LoriAnnGK3
This recipe was so easy to make and tasted delicious. The addition of the half and half gave a rich taste to the gravy and we loved the subtle dijon flavor. This one will be made often. You've definitely got a winner here! Thanks for posting this!!
Loved the recipe. We changed the meat from cube steak and used a sirloin strip. We then used Boston Market beef gravy which was awesome. For our sides, we made garlic mashed potatoes and we also simmered sliced mushrooms and onions (with two cloves of sliced garlic) in a mixture of water, balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard (a perfect complement to this steak recipe). Everything came out perfectly. Good job.