Recipe by applee
Found this recipe on the Weight Watchers website. It is a core recipe but can become flex by counting the points. I think these potatoes have a lot of flavor and are a great side dish. Even kids and husbands will enjoy! It's easy too! I also double the ingredients and use 6-8 potatoes to get a good amount out of this.
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
Very nice flavor, and easy... although my potatoes took quite a bit longer than the stated time to get tender. I also doubled the seasonings, which I agree is the smart choice as it really boosted the flavor. :) Thanks for a great addition to my collection!
- Pam cooking spray (or other cooking spray)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -6 large potatoes (quartered, and cut into about equal sized pieces)
- As mentioned in the description, I usually double all the ingredients and use about 6 or so potatoes (depending on size). What I am looking for is to have enough coating of the ingredients to cover the potatoes and give them the full flavor. Please adjust the amount of potatoes to suit your tastes!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together oil, mustard, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Chop up potatoes and add them to the bowl with the whisked ingredients. Stir to coat the potatoes.
- Transfer potatoes to the baking dish or cookie sheet and roast for about 15 minutes. Stir and continue to roast 15 minutes more.
- What I do is roast the potatoes until they are pretty browned and toasted. I check to see if they are cooked through by piercing them with a fork. If the fork is not going through easily, they need more time. I will also add a piece of Aluminum Foil to the top of the potatoes, turn the oven down to 400 F and continue to roast. The foil will allow the potatoes to get tender in the inside and cook all the way through without burning them.
- Take out of the oven and cool slightly so that you don't burn your mouth when eating! Also good with some ketchup added to the side!