Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
low on the mayo and full of summer bean flavor. this dish comes from foodnetwork, D.Lieberman. Great way to use up fresh green beans and taters.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes (or baby white's)
- 1 lb green beans (trimmed)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (whole grain)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh black pepper (20-30 grinds)
- 1⁄3 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- Place potaotes in a large pot, cover with cold water, salt, bring to boil until potaotes are fork tender; about 20 min., drain rinse under cold water.
- Bring another pot of salt water to boil, add beans, cook 5-8 minute or until they turn bright green, strain, and run them under cold water to stop cooking.
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients, whisk until smooth.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise ,then into rough 1 ince chunks, cut beans in half, toss potato chunks in the dressing and then toss in beans and parsley.
- Serve cold or warm.