Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An easy slow-cooker recipe that my family enjoyed.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I should have read the reviews before trying this recipe... I also had a problem with the potatoes not cooking properly. Not sure what the best solution is, either slice potatoes very thin or par-boil them slightly before adding to the crock pot. The flavour seemed abit off for me also... it seemed like it could use more garlic. I used both white wine & chicken broth, maybe I should do one or the other next time.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices (1 2/3 lb.)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl add the soup, wine, mustard, thyme, garlic, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Add the potatoes and onion; stir to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Season chops with salt and pepper; lay chops on top of potato/onion mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.