Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tired of my usual lunches, I created this tangy dish from things I had on hand. You can follow my hints in parentheses to make it gluten-free, or just use your preferred ingredients.
- 8 ounces shaped pasta (I like Bionature Gluten Free, semolina has lots of gluten)
- 4 links Italian sausage (Boulder Sausage brand is GF, "flavorings" in meat products may contain gluten)
- 2⁄3 cup frozen chopped onion
- 3 1⁄3 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard (I use O Organics from Safeway, modified food starch may contain gluten)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, or until done. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut sausage into 1/4 inch slices. Place in large microwaveable bowl.
- Add onion & peas to sausage in microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave veggies and sausage, stirring every 90 seconds or so, until hot throughout.
- While veggies & sausage cook, mix preserves and mustard. Microwave until hot.
- Mix pasta, veggies and sausage, and sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!