Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Chops go very well with an orange flavour and they go very well with a dijon flavour. Combining the two with chops works well in my opinion. A little hot sauce might not be a bad idea either.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed (or try frozen concentrate for a stronger orange flavour)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine orange juice, dijon, honey and cornstarch.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Season chops with lemon pepper.
- Brown over medium-high heat 3 minutes per side.
- Pour orange juice mixture over chops.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
Oh my goodness this is good! I'd definitely give it more than 5 stars if I could. After reducing the recipe to 1 serving, I was really wishing I had made more. I used OJ concentrate but think I'll dilute it just a tad next time. The cooking time was perfect but my lid wasn't tight-fitting, so the sauce thickened a little too much. Stirring in a splash of water took care of that, tho. One thing that should be noted is that lemon pepper is mentioned in the instuctions but is not listed with the ingredients. I'm not convinced it's essential to the dish, tho. Thank you, Tebo for this fantastic recipe that I plan to fix again and again. Update: Fixed this using a boneless chicken breast but otherwise followed the recipe. Very, very good!!!
Phenomenal pork chops!!! The sauce is amazing and the cover and simmer for 8 to 10 cooked the meat perfectly. One of my new favorites on Zaar! Thank you!!
wow! these are the best !! I just did two quite large bonless loin chops, turned out soo tender and delicious!! the combination or orange and dijon was outstanding. I browned them in veggie oil, used fresh squeezed orange juice and local blackberry honey, what a great combination of flavours!! Served with baked potato and mixed veggies, wonderful Sunday supper! thanks for posting I will be making these again!