Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a distinct dressing that will enhance the dining experience! Enjoy!
- 1 medium hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (or more)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except the wine, vinegar, and oil in a medium bowl.
- Beat in wine and vinegar.
- Whisk in oil in a slow steady stream.
- Cover vinaigrette and refrigerate until ready to use.
I made this in the blender, and loved the way the dressing emulsified. It was nice and creamy. I thought it was very good, but not outstanding; however, picky DH didn't like it very much. I will make this again as a sauce for steamed broccoli or asparagus rather than a salad dressing. Next time I may add 1 or 2 anchovies as dressing needed a little more Zip!