Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My own recipe.
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, well drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Progresso Italian-style fine bread crumbs
- Grease or spray a 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Pour rice in bottom of dish and shake dish, until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle dried onions, mushrooms & pepper over rice.
- Boil water, add the soy sauce and pour over rice.
- With a rubber spatula, spread mustard on both sides of a pork chop, arranging chops on top of rice.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on tops of chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Enjoy!
I halved the recipe and it was a perfect mid-week dinner for my DH and I. The chops were tender and and flavorful. I think I may increase the rice a little more next time, but all in all, we really liked this recipe. It was a nice change from the usual. Thanks for sharing, Whisper.